Monday, March 06, 2006

Something about me(1)

Hometown
I come from Taiwan and My hometown is Taipei, which is the capital and the largest city of my country.

I live in the west of Taipei which belongs to 萬華district. It is a place full of historic interest. For example, there is one of the most famous temple “龍山”, because this temple is very magnificent and there is also a famous night market near there , almost every tourists will visit there when they come to Taipei, especially Japanese. They like coming here to do some foot massage or eat some special meet like snake or bear. This kind of meat is not easy to be eaten in other place or other countries. This place was also a traditional trade centre, so now there are still lots of handicraft stores and herb shops.

However, there also some disadvantages to live here. For instance, because it is an old community, the education and economic lever are lower than other place in Taipei, so you can see some crime like burglar or wanderer in this area.

Free time
When I have free time, the most often thing I like doing is playing basketball. In Taiwan you almost can find basketball courts everywhere and they are free, so I can play it anytime.
I almost play it every day when I have free time because it not only can train my body but also a good way to release my pressure.

But in New Zealand I can’t play it every day or whenever I want to, because basketball is not the popular sport here and most courts need paying some money. Nevertheless, I’ll still go to play basketball at Unetic gym two days a week.

In addition, sometimes I will go to climb small mountains or short trekking, especially in NZ there are lots of beautiful and route clearly tracks.
So if the weather is not too bed, I usually drive my car to the west mountain with my wife and do some easy trekking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home